06 February 2011

Introduction

Following the suggestion of Michael John Neill of "Genealogy Tip of the Day" I have started a blog detailing some of my family tree information and research in the hopes of connecting with others interested in genealogy and maybe even distant family members!

I have been interested in discovering my family tree since I was a child. But other than writing down my parents names, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins I really didn't start working on it until 1994 or so. I didn't have anyone telling me how to do research so I didn't get very far, although I did find some information.

My mother was also working on researching her side of the family tree, and when I moved back to California in 1995 I learned about using census records at the National Archives in San Francisco. When my mom died in 1997 I inherited all her research, and have been working on it off and on since then.

Course my early research contains many undocumented facts because like many I didn't understand the importance of using source information. Have been trying to go back and fill in those blank spots.

I love to talk to others about family history so feel free to comment and/or send me a message.

My children's sweet 16 are: Lucier, Delisle, Bowens, Adams, Riordan, Mooney, Janvrin, Miers, Newman, Simmons, Boyer, Antrim, Busch, Shields, Morgan, George. In future posts I will post a general Ahnentafel Chart as well as descendant charts for specific ancestors, as well as some blogs on my research.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the blog, Linda!

    I've found writing about my research and my discoveries helpful in locating the occasional new relatives and in filling in the gaps in my research.

    ReplyDelete