09 August 2015

Me and Louise Grace (Boyer) Newman

Genetics can be a wonderful thing to explore, they are what make us who we are. I have really been enjoying learning more about how genetics work and using that knowledge to try and find how my genetic cousins fit into my tree.

But while that is a very fun part of genetics, I also find it very interesting to see the physical evidence of how I have inherited certain characteristics from my ancestors. As you can see from the picture below, I strongly inherited my physical looks from my paternal grandmother. I believe she is close to the same age as I am currently in the picture, although she might be a little older than me, depending on which of my cousins was in the picture with her.

I wish I could ask her who she resembles, but she died just before I turned ten so I can't do that. I don't even know if she knew who she resembled because her mom, Emma (Antrim) Boyer, died when she was still a child. And her dad, Frederick R Boyer, didn't seem to be in her life after that. If anyone seeing this is a cousin on those lines and sees a family resemblance to your branch I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment