23 August 2015

Life Happenings, and Hoping To Get Back On Track!

Sometimes life seems to get in the way of what I really want to be doing.

I had surgery at the end of March to repair my severe hiatal hernia and to remove my gall bladder. That required a week's stay in the hospital, plus another 7 weeks at home to heal.

Was finally healed from surgery, and then I took a fall when I was outside. I fell so hard that I do not remember the fall. One minute I was walking and the next my face was an inch from the ground a second before I hit it. Ended up with a black eye from the nose piece of my glasses, a fat lip and hurt ribs. They weren't broken but boy did they hurt! It took about 5 weeks for the ribs to heal.

About the same time I fell I started taking Cymbalta for my Fibromyalgia. They warn that it can cause depression, let me tell you for me it did.

I may have sad moments, like when I miss someone who has died, but never in my life have I had depression like I got from taking the Cymbalta!

With my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) I have periods of time where I have the desire to do things but not the physical ability. After 22 years with this I know that while I might not have the physical ability to do something right then, that I could do it as soon as my health cooperated. Being on the Cymbalta things were flipped. I had good days physically but my mental attitude was I don't want to and I don't CARE that I don't want to. I had lost the desire to DO, and that scared me. It was so totally opposite of the way I normally functioned at first I didn't realize what was happening. Once I realized what was going on I contacted my doctor and talked to them.

I am finally weaned off of that and am REALLY hoping that there are no other major things happening to me so I can get back to what I want to be doing. Namely Genealogy!

Have a great day! and I hope this finds you in good health.

Back to the search :)

No comments:

Post a Comment