07 February 2012

New Antrim Family discoveries

Now back to our regularly scheduled programing... :)

ancestry.com recently added new Pennsylvania records to their collection and I decided to do a quick search of them last night. Boy, am I glad I did!

I found a record of:

John Antrim Sr's confirmation in the records from the Church of the Evangelist, Philadelphia, Philadelpha, Pennsylvania (Catholic Church) dated 18 May 1864. At this point I am assuming it is the father John they mean and not John E his son.

Thomas Mason Antrim's baptism - 24 June 1849 Calvary Episcopal Church Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Baptism Records - Thomas Mason fil John and Sarah Antrim b 20th Sept 1840 -- sp Mother.

Sarah Ann Antrim's baptism - 24 June 1849 Calvary Episcopal Church Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Baptism Records - Sarah Ann fil John and Sarah Antrim b 5 Feb 1843 -- sp Mother.

Joseph Kirby Antrim's baptism - 13 May 1849 Calvary Episcopal Church at parents residence Arch St and Locust Joseph Kirby fil. John and Sarah Antrim b 26 Oct 1848. (until I found this record I wasn't aware of this child)

Joseph Kirby Antrim's death - 16 May 1849 in Philadelphia City Death Records

Joseph Kirby Antrim's burial - 17 May 1849 Fairhill Friends Burial Ground - not a member

Gorgiana Antrim's death - 12 May 1849 Philadelphia City Death Records

Georgianna Antrim's burial - 13 May 1849 Calvary Episcopal Church(until I found this record I wasn't aware of this child)

Georgianna Antrim's burial - 13 May 1849 Fairhill Friends Burial Ground - not a member

Mary Antrim's baptism - 26 June 1862 Church of the Evangelist, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Catholic Church) at 1112 Thurlow Rachel Antrim parents John and Sarah (until I found this record I wasn't aware of this child)

Mary Antrim's burial - 30 June 1862 Church of the Evangelist, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsyvania (Catholic Church) register of burials Mary Antrim

Rachel Ann Antrim's baptism - 26 June 1862 Church of the Evangelist, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Catholic Church) at 1112 Thurlow Rachel Antrim parents John and Sarah (until I found this record I wasn't aware of this child)

Rachel Ann Antrim's death - 16 Jul 1862 Philadelphia City Death Records

George Mason Antrim's baptism - 6 July 1868 Church of the Evangelist, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Catholic Church) Parents John E and Martha I Antrim. (yet another child I wasn't aware of until I found this record) (my note: John E Antrim is the son of John and Sarah Antrim).

These records show the family had ties to the Quaker religion although this family were not members by 1849. They were Episcopalians, then at least a few converted to the Catholic religion.

I also discovered 4 new children and 1 new grandchild for John and Sarah. Can't wait to do some more digging to see what other treasure I can uncover! Need to finish writting those research plans first. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment